A Global leader in High end Perfumes & Cosmetics with a unique portfolio that includes 11 prestigious brands worldwide.
As part of a Global Centralization effort, the client took an initiative to replace a 30-year old JD Edwards ERP system with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP. This upgrading required integration with multiple ancillary systems, including Five Warehouse Management Systems, Six E commerce Sites, an EDI System, a Point Sale System, SharePoint Workflows, a Data Warehouse System and various Custom built Applications. Client needed a proven partner with impeccable credentials in the integration domain.
After conducting a detailed assessment of the client’s existing environment, VNB put forth a recommendation to build a centralized solution using Microsoft BizTalk as a preferred Integration Platform. Subsequently, VNB architected an effective and holistic solution for this complex transition, which included various end systems from multiple brands, large ERP and WMS systems, Accounting and Financial systems, and Inventory systems. VNB utilized a methodical approach, which included:
- Developing a 4-layered Clustered environment with a separate Disaster Recovery module
- Setting up a robust Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) capability to ensure efficient and reliable transactional workflows across multiple and disparate end systems, each with its own set of business rules and logic
- Building an Exception Handling Framework for capturing and reporting on alerts
- Refactoring and restructuring the existing Master Data Integration to bring one version of truth
- Refining the existing integration model and putting into place a canonical and reusable model to reduce complexity and ensure sustainability for future state
The solution brought numerous benefits to the clients, including but not limited to:
A new robust platform meant the Client’s customers could more effectively access Client’s products across multiple brands.
Improved Customer Service
Superior integration solution meant client could quickly and more efficiently address customer needs and be more responsive
The standards based scalable solution meant optimal transactional environment which resulted in lower TCO and increased ROI for the client